Quarantine fatigue is setting in for many folks after all these weeks of social distancing but it’s still necessary to follow your state and local guidelines to help curb the spread of Covid-19. If you find yourself running out of ideas for fun and educational things for you and the kids to do, why not try a virtual tour of aquariums, museums, and zoos? While they may be closed, you can check many of them out online for free.
Some of the aquariums, museums, and zoos that are offering virtual tours include the following:
1) The Monterey Bay Aquarium—Be sure to check out the Habitat exhibit which has live footage online of this amazing aquarium. https://www.montereybayaquarium.org/animals/live-cams
2) The National Aquarium—At this world-famous Baltimore landmark you and the kids can go on a floor by floor virtual tour of ocean life that covers everything from the tropics to the tundra. https://aqua.org/media/virtualtours/baltimore/index.html
3) The Louvre—This well-known art museum is the world’s largest. And during the shutdown, you can now take a free virtual tour of the Egyptian Antiquities exhibit and two additional ones. https://www.louvre.fr/en/visites-en-ligne
4) The Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History—The stuffed animal displays in this museum are unparalleled. And now you can visit every exhibit offered in the museum and get a self-paced, 360-degree tour. https://naturalhistory.si.edu/exhibits
5) The Cincinnati Zoo—Make a daily habit of checking out this museum's live feed on Facebook at about 3 PM for their Home Safari. http://cincinnatizoo.org/
6) The Atlanta Zoo—The Panda Cam livestream from their website is not to be missed! https://zooatlanta.org/panda-cam/
And should you or a loved one need help to treat a foot or ankle problem, contact your foot doctor for an evaluation. Dr. Scott Nelson of Foot and Ankle Medical Clinic in Garland, TX (county of Dallas), is a board-certified and highly experienced podiatrist who has helped people suffering from all types of foot and ankle injuries and deformities. From bunions to diabetic foot problems, sports injuries, and fungal nails, you can trust that Dr. Nelson and his staff are wholeheartedly devoted to your foot health. Please contact our office with any questions you may have or to schedule an appointment by calling 972-414-9800.