Now offering Medical Pedicures! Contact our office to book one today!
While it can be challenging to stick to eating healthy foods when we are all under so much stress during this pandemic, getting the proper nutrition will help to fortify your immune system and help you to feel better physically, mentally, and emotionally.
● Fresh fish—Salmon and trout are excellent choices since they are packed with healthy fatty acids, but any fish (preferably fresh, but frozen is also good) is a healthy protein source. Codfish is a great source of natural vitamin D and fish roe is chock full of B vitamins.
● Spinach—While eating raw spinach in a salad preserves the most nutrients (iron, phosphorus, calcium, and vitamin A), the cooked variety is also very nutritious.
● Basil—This aromatic herb is both sweet and spicy and helps build your immune system and protect the heart muscle.
● Nuts—Nuts are loaded with protein and are high in omega 3 fatty acids, including a-linolenic which is one of the most potent plant-based fatty acids.
● Kale—Dark, leafy greens like kale and bok choy are packed with essential minerals like iron, phosphorus, and calcium and also contain high amounts of vitamins A and C.
And if you need help treating a foot or ankle problem, see your foot doctor for an evaluation. Dr. Scott Nelson of Foot and Ankle Medical Clinic in Garland, TX (county of Dallas), is a board-certified and highly experienced podiatrist who has helped people suffering from all types of foot and ankle injuries and deformities. From bunions to diabetic foot problems, sports injuries, and fungal nails, you can trust that Dr. Nelson and his staff are wholeheartedly devoted to your foot health. Please contact our office with any questions you may have or to schedule an appointment by calling 972-414-9800.